Rivington Avenue, Platt Bridge, Wigan, Lancashire WN2 5NG
01942 487999 to report a pupil
If you are in receipt of certain state benefits and you have not applied for free school meals for your child you could qualify for school meals for your child AND help obtain government funding for our school!
The government gives additional, essential funding to schools known as ‘Pupil Premium’ if parents receive certain eligible free school meals benefits. Schools use the additional £1,345 per eligible pupil to fund additional staff and resources that help improve the quality of education.
All children from Reception to Year 2 will be automatically provided with a free school meal in school. But, if parents are in receipt of a qualifying benefit we want to encourage you to apply as the school will then receive the additional pupil premium funding. Pupils in Year 3 to Year 5 are not obliged to accept the free school meal if they prefer a packed lunch, but again the additional funding would still benefit education provision at our school.
A child may be eligible for a free school meal if their parent(s) receives any of the following:
– Income Support
– Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
– Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
– Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
– The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
– Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
– Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
– Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
We can check eligibility on your behalf quickly and easily with some basic information. To find out whether your child qualifies for free school meals, and hence the additional funding for school, please submit your name, date of birth and National Insurance Number/National Asylum Support Service Number on this online form.
After being declared eligible this free school meal entitlement and funding is currently protected until the end of Year 6 or March 2023 whichever is the soonest.